Shortcuts related to Microsoft Word for Competitive exams
Most of time we stuck in exam on easy questions related to Microsoft Word Commands and all this is due to less knowledge of Microsoft office. Here, we had collected most used shortcuts in Microsoft Word. Please take a look. Don’t forget to remember by practicing because these are the most common keys appeared in Computer awareness question section for Competitive Exams.
Shortcuts used in Microsoft Word:
- Ctrl + N = This command will open a new word document.
- Ctrl + O = This command used to open previously saved Microsoft Word Documents.
- Ctrl + W = This one is important as it is rarely used and mostly asked. This command is used to close current Working document. Alt+f4 is alternative of this shortcut.
- Ctrl + S =This command is used to save current working document or overwrite previously saved documents.
- Ctrl + P = If you want to take print out of Word document, you have to execute this command.
- Ctrl + Z = If you had typed something wrong unintentionally or give a wrong formatting command, you can undo by using this command.
- Ctrl + Y = If you had typed ‘Ctrl+Z’ unintentionally; you can undo your action by this command or we can say to restore undone action.
- Ctrl + X = This is used to cut any selected portion.
- Ctrl + C = This is used to copy any selected portion.
- Ctrl + V = This is used to copy or paste previously selected or cut portion.
- Ctrl + A = To select all the text in world files.
- Ctrl + F =if the file is too big and you have to check any name or numerical expression, you can execute find command by this.
Shortcuts used for formatting in Microsoft Word:
- Ctrl + B =To bold the selected portion or to start writing bold words.
- Ctrl + I = To change they style of text; change into italic.
- Ctrl + U = To underline any text
- Ctrl + Shift + D = to Double underline text.
If we miss any important command, Please let us know by commenting below.