Japanese method of Multiplication 2 digits number
Whenever you see any Imported Product, you get curious to know about that product feedback. Reason being we believe that Imported Products are far better than Domestic Products. We all know, Govt. is trying hard to increase ‘Make in India’ Products but still Imported Products are on demand and every one of us believe that Imported product will give good result as compared to domestic products. Let’s see that when Govt. would be successful to bring the change that Domestic products are also better and don’t blindly trust imported product.
Anyway, let’s concentrate on the Current article. I am posting this article ‘Japanese method of Multiplication 2 digits number’ to improve your calculation speed and also to introduce you with easiest method of calculation for 2 digits number.
As I already mentioned that this is the Japanese method. So; it is quite obvious that this method was invented by the Japanese Teachers and used all over the Japan.
Let’s check out exactly what is ‘Japanese method of Multiplication 2 digits number’
I am showing you this method for multiplication of 2 digits number. Although, this is also applicable for 3 or 4 digits number but that would be little bit lengthy. So, let’s check out ‘Japanese method of Multiplication 2 digits number’ for 2 digits number and see why it is also known as easiest method of multiplication;
Question: Find 24×13?
Step by step:
- Draw 2 parallel lines horizontally (we draw 2 parallel lines because 2 is representing first digit of first number 22).
- Draw 2 parallel lines horizontally below previous step (2 lines because 2 is representing second digit of first number 22).
- Draw 1 vertical line on left side condition being that it should cross previous drawn horizontally parallel lines (we draw 1 line because 1 is representing first digit of second number).
- Draw 2 vertical lines on right side condition being that these both should cross previous drawn horizontally parallel lines. (We draw 2 lines because 2 is representing second digit of second number.
- Mark dots where horizontally and vertically lines crossing each other.
- Write no. of dots on top right (2) and bottom left (4). Add no. of remaining dots (2 & 4) and write sum (6) on any opposite end.
- Top right will represent first digit and bottom left will represent end digit. Sum of remaining dots will represent middle digit.
- So, Answer is 264.
I know this method seems little bit lengthy. But, I had done so much work from the understanding point of view so that you basically understand each step. Thanks for your patience. In case of any further clarification, please let us know by comments.