Chapter 6- 10 useful phrases to Improve Daily English communication
hello Friends, Welcome to Govt Entrance. So, we are back with 6th chapter which will help you in learning phrases and phrases can help to better English communication daily.
10 useful phrases to Improve Daily English communication
1) As long as: This phrase is used to mention any condition.
3) So Far, so good: This phrase is little bit complicated. So, please understand this one carefully. This phrase is used when you want to tell about situation that everything is fine now, but there may be problem later on.
E.g; Father to Son: How’s your new job ?
Son to Father: I’ve only worked there for 3 days but So far, so good.
4) That sounds: This phrase is used when you want to give opinion after reading or hearing something.
E.g: A: I have Audi in my big Bungalow.
B: That sounds cool.
5) Despite something: This phrase is used when you want to express any situation saying you are not affected by something.
E.g: The Company did well this month despite demonetization.
He goes Gym everyday despite sleeping late night.
6) Sorry to Interrupt: This phrase is used when you want to talk to someone who is already speaking.
7) Just stepped out: This phrase is rarely used. This phrase is used when you want to tell about any person who just went out for a short time.
E.g: HR to A: B is not in office. Is he gone for the day ?
A to HR: No, He just stepped out.
8) For Good: This phrase is used to say when you wanted to say forever or permanently.
E.g: A: I’m going to Delhi.
B: For How long ?
A: For good, I got a job there.
9) Hear from someone: This phrase is used to express situation whre you were expecting communication from someone.
10) What’s this charge for: Many-times, when you goes to restaurant and they charge for a thing which you didn’t order. Then, you can use this phrase to say that you don’t understand an amount on your bill.