Chapter 4- 10 useful phrases to Improve Daily English communication
Hello Friends, We hope you are enjoying chapters on Phrases which help in making English communication better. Today, we are going to share 4th chapter on phrases. If you really like this chapter, please give us motivation by sharing articles with your friends on Facebook, Google, Twitter etc.
10 useful phrases to Improve Daily English communication:
1) About to do something: This phrase is used when you are going to do some work very soon.
E.g: a) A to B: Where are you ? We are about to start meeting.
b) A to B : Is Boss still in office ?
B to A: Yes & He is about to leave.
2) On my Way: You can use this phrase when you are going to some place but not at place yet.
E.g: Boy to Girl: Where are you ? I’m waiting for you.
Girl to Boy: I’m on my way.
4) Gone for the day: You can use this phrase when you are going to refer for a person who is not coming for the day.
E.g; A to B : Could I speak to Dr. Gulati ?
B to A: Sorry, He’s gone for the day. You can reach him at home.
5) A win-win situation: This phrase is used to define the situation which has good result in many ways.
E.g: Buying a house is a win-win situation. If you sell it, you make money. If you keep it, you make money.
6) That’s it: It is used to define that there is not more.
7) Get it: Commonly used to refer to answer the phone.
E.g; A to B: The Phone’s running.
B to A: I’ll get it. I think It’s for me.
9) Can I take a rain check? : When you are not in mood/busy for any plan. Then, you use this phrase to say that Can we change the plan to another time in the future ?
E.g: A to B: Do you want to go shopping today ?
B to A: I am sick. Can I take a rain check ?
10) Take time off: This phrase is used when you decide not to go to work for a short time.
E.g: a) I took 1 week off after my wedding.
b) I’m going to take a week off because I need a vacation.