Chapter 3: 10 words of English with meaning and sentence per day
- Clandestine: Secret, Hidden
Sentence: CBI was trying to arrange clandestine raid at Minister’s house.
- Verbose: Expressing in too many words, using more words when less words is sufficient
Sentence: He always wins Ground Discussion Rounds due to verbosity.
- Paucity: Scarcity, Less in number
Sentence: There was paucity of Wine in town during Election time.
- Penchant: liking for something or strong attraction towards anything
Sentence: Boys have a penchant for chasing Girls.
- Pedestrian: Impossible to imagine or travel on foot
Sentence: Questions paper of 2010 SSC CGL exam was found to be pedestrian, Because I have found more difficult questions in 2010 SSC LDC Exam.
Walker is also known as pedestrian.
- Extol: Respect someone highly, over praise
Sentence: After finishing Exam, I extolled the person who help me in cheating.
- Expedite: To fast the progress of any work, To finish work in short time
Sentence: He tried to expedite this construction project.
- Demagogue: Leader of people but not in good sense
Sentence: That minister tried to manipulate public to support his selfish aims, So he is one of the demagogue.
- Construe: To judge, To make a sense
Sentence: How do you construe Job seekers during interview?
- Consummate: Highly skilled, Perfect
Sentence: He is a consummate Singer that’s why he got so many awards till now.