Chapter 3- 10 useful phrases to Improve Daily English communication
Hello friends, we are back with next chapter of important phrases which are used in daily Communication. These phrases not only make better communication but increase your fluency. We hope, you had already learnt 1st and second chapter; Let’s go though, 3rd chapter about phrases which will make better English Conversation.
10 useful phrases to Improve Daily English communication:
1) I’m not following you: This phrase is used to say that you are not getting what another person is saying to you.
E.g: A tell you to way to go a particular venue. But, he was in too hurry that You didn’t get. So, you will say that I’m not following you.
2) Get Cut off: This phrase is commonly used when we talk with another person on phone. As we know, most of times Jio networks are not good enough to make a call and call get disconnected during call. So, you will say Network is poor, I often Get Cut off.
3) Have Change: This phrase is used to ask for smaller units of money.
E.g: You have Rs. 2000 and you want money in smaller units. So, you will say ‘ Do you have change for Rs. 2000 ? ‘.
4) Distance from a place: This phrase is used to show distance between two places.
E.g: A to B: How far is your office ?
B to A: My office is 3 K.M from Your home.
5) The Second to Last: You can use this phrase to refer the thing before the last thing.
E.g: A to B: When are you coming to home ?
B to A : I will come on the second to last day of this month.
6) I’d Like: This phrase is used to say in polite way what you want:
E.g: As you enter in Mc Donald’s; During order time
A to sales girl: I’d like to order Mc Aloo tiki,Please.
7) I’ve been waiting for a long time: If you are doing any work from a long time. You will use this phrase to refer same situation.
8) Make up my mind: This phrase is used when you have too many choices and you are unable to decide what to do.
E.g: Shopkeeper to Girl: Which dress would you like to buy:
Girl: I don’t know. I haven’t made up my mind yet.
9) Stay Up: This phrase is used when you are going to stay awake than your usual timing.
E.g: Son to Mom: You go to sleep. I;m going to stay up for the match between India and Pakistan.
10) Oversleep: As you are getting from the words that you slept more than your decided time.